Luxurious



Been listening to Gwen Stefani a lot lately. Saw one of her videos on tv and her beauty struck me as much as the sinous melody in her song. This very beautiful blonde girl manages to make Gang Cholas look totally hot -and glamorous-, not something you'd associate with them.
She also manages to look stunning ina a a Virgen de Guadalupe t-shirt with short-shorts and wears a Frida Kahlo-like headdress with a Carmen Miranda skirt while hitting PiƱatas and looking ravishing. Talk about culture shock in the best way possible. Anglo and Latino. Bling and tradition.Something like my life.

Her song has these lines:

Working so hard every night and day.
And now we get the pay back.
Trying so hard saving up the paper.
Now we get to lay back. cha-ching cha-ching we’re loaded and we’re not gonna blow it.
cha-ching cha-ching we’re hooked up with the love cause we grow it.
cha-ching cha-ching we got hydroponic love and we’re smokin'.
cha-ching cha-ching we burn it you and I, we are so lit.
We’re so rich in love were rollin' in cashmere. Got it in fifth gear baby.
Diamond in the rough is lookin' so sparkly.

It made me think of all these things that have been going on: all this work (both yours and mine), all this talking about sugar daddies (and worrying about money), about smoking pot for the first time (and the friends that came with that) and all the sensuality involved in this 'thing' we have (that I am not having right now and that I know I will crave soon).

You see, I usually make the strangest connections between things and music usually triggers them like crazy. Listening to her sing those lines and watching her candy-like color-saturated video along with the hypnothic rhythm of her music made me think of how intoxicated with you I am (was?) and how the whole craving will start in no time. Nothing more terrible than pheromone withdrawal.

But it's not the first time. I'll find something to do. Finish the chapter I need to finish in the dissertation. Grade all these papers and tests. Prepare my job interview. Eat some chocolate. I'll find something to do. Always do.

I think I'll listen to that song again.

Ciao, sugar honey, sexy baby.